Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Ulta Haulage!

Welcome to my recent beauty haul. Please let me take a moment to apologize for not getting my Sunday Scores and Steals done for this week. I spent this past weekend in bed with a dreaded migraine. I can assure you that next week I will be back to doing my Sunday Scores and Steals as usual. March was such a difficult month and I was really looking forward to a bit of beauty shopping. During Ulta’s Beauty Steals I was really hoping I would be able to grab one of the Too Faced Sweetheart Blushes. So I was thrilled when my husband ran to Ulta with me and we both enjoyed some shoppin.

20140404_222025_2

Boyet grabbed some Gold by Jay Z. There is something about this cologne. It smells amazing on him and it lasts! When he wears this it fills the car and it just lingers all day. It’s like its this cologne was made for him.

20140404_222227_2

Since I had a 20% off coupon I took the opportunity to purchase a few more Real Techniques brushes. I picked up the limited edition duo fiber set, the new retractable kabuki brush, and a backup for my miracle complexion sponge. I love this brand and have yet to find anything I don’t love from them. I am sure these will be no exception.

20140404_222404_2

The purpose of my visit was to purchase on the the Too Faced Sweethearts Perfect Flush Blushes. I bought Candy Glow which contains three shades of blush a rose pink shimmer, soft coral pink and a peach pink shimmer. When all swirled together they add the perfect flush of color on my cheeks.

20140404_222759_2

I also purchased was the Bare Minerals Double Trouble Marvelous Moxie Lipstick and Lip gloss duo. The day that I purchased it I was given an extra mini Marvelous Moxie Lipstick (right). I wthwas so impressed with the mini lipstick I received in my Ipsy bag that I was eager to snatch this duo up.

20140404_224143_2

The final thing I purchased is the Laura Gellar La Dolce Vita kit. The biggest reason I bought this kit is because it contains Balance n Brighten in Fair. It’s quite rare to find a Laura Gellar kit that contains the Balance n Brighten in Fair, usually the kits come in medium. So I was amazed when this kit contained Fair. I love the Balance n Brighten so when I can purchase it with such a great bonus kit I love doing so. In addition to the Balance n Brighten the La Dolce Vita comes with an eyeshadow, a blush, a lip crayon and a double ended brush. I have just worn this kit today and I am loving it!!

20140404_225734_2

All in all I would say we had an amazingly successful shopping trip. I am loving everything we bought and they are all lovely additions to my collection.

In addition to playing in makeup I have been enjoying researching some genealogy with my Dad. We have learned quite a bit about my relatives just by learning where and with whom they are living during the census. We had been told that when my ancestors immigrated from Wales they left behind two older siblings. We have discovered through census records that there was 1 old sibling left behind in Wales. Two other siblings died before adulthood in Wales. The other nine siblings did immigrate to America with their parents. Now I am on the hunt for all of the nine siblings. I have found most of them

“Life, he realized, was much like a song. In the beginning there is mystery, in the end there is confirmation, but it's in the middle where all the emotion resides to make the whole thing worthwhile.” ~Nicholas Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you.