Saturday, April 12, 2014

MAC Studiocare Blend Pressed Powder

As I am preparing my spring Stash or Trash empties post it dawns on me that I need to give this little gem a proper send off. I realized the other day that this compact has been with me since 2010. After four years of faithful service my loyal buddy is being retired. Now to be completely honest, I haven’t actually used the powder in this compact for at least a couple years. It mostly just hangs out in my purse for when I need a mirror. Since I have dry skin I don’t really get shiny; so I don’t need to carry this little guy around with me anymore. I just wanted to give my little buddy a proper retirement post before sending him ‘Back to MAC.’

20140409_143213

I met this cute little guy at the mall as I was shopping for a trip to Korea. Dark and handsome, he immediately caught my eye. I was smitten from the first time I saw him. He always had my back, he would tell me when my face was getting too shiny or when my mascara decided to dance all over my eyes. He helped pull me together when I had been upset and crying. He was always by my side and was always so supportive. He was fiercely loyal to me for four long years; but, I’ve outgrown him. It’s time to go in a new direction. While I will miss him desperately; but, it’s time for someone new in my life.

20140409_143235

Oh, the memories we’ve had. He was with me when I took that long flight to the Philippines to meet Boyet, the man that would become my husband. I frantically looked at him when I needed reassurance that I was doing the right thing as the plane touched down. He was with me at my Mom’s funeral , he reassured me that my waterproof liner and mascara were still holding up under the flood of tears. He’s been so good to me; but, it’s sad to keep him with me for my own selfish reasons. See I haven’t actually been enjoying all that he has to offer. I’ve grown and I haven’t had the need to be covered in his love for quite some time now. So I think it’s time to just move on. As much as it will hurt, it’s time to let him go.

20140409_143041

MAC Studioblend, I will truly miss you. Trust me, it’s not you; it’s me. In the recent past, I’ve grown dry, too dry for you. It’s time for me to try living on my own without you. I need to see what the world looks like without the safety of you nearby. Thank you for the years of support you’ve given me. I truly appreciate everything you’ve done for me; but it’s time for both of us to move on in different directions. I will always love you and I will remember you fondly. Love, Me

“If you’ve ever had one of those times when you’ve clutched a pen or something else in your hand for a long time, only to look down and be surprised that you are still holding it long after your need for it had passed, you’ll understand sometimes we get so use to holding that we forget to let go.”

Homespun and Homegrown

Welcome to Homespun and Homegrown where I will be sharing additional information other than my love of beauty products. I’ve had several requests to see the quilts I will be working on and, thus, this section was born. Today, I am going to share with you the best part about my Dad’s backyard oasis. He built a big back porch (he is currently redoing the railing) The big back porch comes complete with a porch swing and a glider from which you can enjoy the water fountain. I love to take my computer outside, sit on the back porch, blog about beauty products while listening to the fountain and the birds. My Mom loved the back porch too. It’s still early in the season so there’s not too much in bloom yet and because we spent so much time at the hospital the weeds are a bit overgrown. So without further ado, here is Dad’s oasis where you can clearly see the back porch on the left side along with the fountain.

20140410_112411_2

The fountain in Dad’s garden oasis.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you.